Thursday, December 22, 2005

Confidence

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Everett Edward Hale, 1822 - 1909

It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.
- Lillian Hellman, 1905 - 1984

Each day, and the living of it, has to be a conscious creation in which discipline and order are relieved with some play and pure foolishness.
- May Sarton, 1912 - 1995

If you have made mistakes ... there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.
- Mary Pickford, 1893 - 1979

The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storms terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.
- Vincent van Gogh, 1853 - 1890

Education is a private matter between the person and the world of knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college.
- Lillian Smith, 1897 - 1966

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home