Monday, January 09, 2006

Richard Nixon

Certainly in the next 50 years we shall see a woman president, perhaps sooner than you think. A woman can and should be able to do any political job that a man can do.

I wish I could give you a lot of advice, based on my experience of winning political debates. But I don't have that experience. My only experience is at losing them.

If an individual wants to be a leader and isn't controversial, that means he never stood for anything.

So you are lean and mean and resourceful and you continue to walk on the edge of the precipice because over the years you have become fascinated by how close you can walk without losing your balance.

The one thing sure about politics is that what goes up comes down and what goes down often comes up.
- All from Richard M. Nixon, 1913 - 1994

About: Richard Milhous Nixon was born at Yorba Linda, California on 9 Jan in 1913. His political career, too well known to benefit from one of my brief recaps here, careened up and down like few other politicians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home