Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Clocks

You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.
- Bonnie Prudden

Animals have these advantages over man: they never hear the clock strike, they die without any idea of death, they have no theologians to instruct them, their last moments are not disturbed by unwelcome and unpleasant ceremonies, their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts lawsuits over their wills.
- François Marie Arouet (Voltaire), letter to Count Schomberg, 31 August 1769

Throw out an alarming alarm clock. If the ring is loud and strident, you're waking up to instant stress. You shouldn't be bullied out of bed, just reminded that it's time to start your day.
- Sharon Gold

I wasted time, and now doth time waste me;
For now hath time made me his numbering clock;
My thoughts are minutes.
- William Shakespeare, Richard II

I must govern the clock, not be governed by it.
- Golda Meir

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home