Monday, July 24, 2006

Marilyn Monroe

I restore myself when I'm alone. A career is born in public; talent in privacy.

No one ever called me pretty when I was a little girl.

If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.

I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.

First, I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I'm an actress.

It's not true I had nothing on, I had the radio on.
- All from Marilyn Monroe, 1926 - 1962

About:

Norma Jeane Baker was born at Los Angeles on 1 Jun 1926 to an unmarried film cutter. Her mother, emotionally unable to raise a child, left Norma Jeane to be raised by foster parents but pushed the idea of becoming a movie start on her weekly visits. She married at sixteen and worked in defense plants while her husband was overseas, an Army photographer spotted her and helped her start a modeling career. Her film career started in 1946 and as Marilyn Monroe was the most bankable name in Hollywood in the fifties. Despite her hard work and her box-office success, not to mention affairs with both John and Robert Kennedy, she never felt secure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home