Monday, November 07, 2005

Albert Camus

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way.

Happiness, that grand mistress of the ceremonies in the dance of life, impels us through all its mazes and meanderings, but leads none of us by the same route.

In order to understand the world, one has to turn away from it on occasion.

You are forgiven for your happiness and your successes only if you generously consent to share them.

Integrity has no need of rules.
- All from Albert Camus, 1913 - 1960

About: Albert Camus was born at Mondovi, Algeria in 1913. His father died the next year, but despite poverty Camus got most of a college education before tuberculosis forced him to drop out. He went to France as a journalist in World War II, joined the Resistance, and shared editing of Combat, an underground daily in Paris, with Jean-Paul Sartre, another of the main Existentialist philosophers. He became a key figure in posters on college dorm room walls in the '70s, and is still quotable today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home