Friday, March 10, 2006

Seeds

The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.
- Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia

A handful of pine-seed will cover mountains with the green majesty of forests. I too will set my face to the wind and throw my handful of seed on high.
- Fiona MacLeod, pen name of William Sharp, 1856 - 1905

The ultimate wisdom which deals with beginnings, remains locked in a seed. There it lies, the simplest fact of the universe and at the same time the one which calls faith rather than reason.
- Hal Borland, 1900 - 1978

However vague they are, dreams have a way of concealing themselves and leave us no peace until they are translated into reality, like seeds germinating underground, sure to sprout in their search for the sunlight.
- Lin Yutang

I would like to believe when I die that I have given myself away like a tree that sows seed every spring and never counts the loss, because it is not loss, it is adding to future life. It is the tree's way of being. Strongly rooted perhaps, but spilling out its treasure on the wind.
- May Sarton, 1912 - 1995

The only hope we have is our children and the seeds we give them and the gardens we plant together.
- Richard Brautigan, 1935 - 1984

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home