Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mae West

Everything's in the mind. That's where it all starts. Knowing what you want is the first step toward getting it.

He who hesitates is a damned fool.

I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.

Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

You're never too old to become younger.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Saving love doesn't bring any interest.

Loves conquers all things except poverty and toothache.

To err is human, but it feels divine.

It takes two to get one in trouble.

A man in the house is worth two in the street.

It is better to be looked over than overlooked.

I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action.

I can always tell a lady when I see one.

Give a man a free hand and he'll try to put it all over you.

Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.

I see you're a man with ideals. I better be going before you've still got them.

Men are all alike--except the one you've met who's different.

All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.

The score never interested me, only the game.

Women with "pasts" interest men because men hope that history will repeat itself.

Opportunity knocks for every man, but you have to give a woman a ring.

The curve is more powerful than the sword.

I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them.

When I'm good I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

When a girl goes bad--men go right after her.

Don't ever make the same mistake twice, unless it pays.

Don't keep a man guessing too long--he's sure to find the answer somewhere else.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.

It's all right for a perfect stranger to kiss your hand as long as he's perfect.

A girl in the convertible is worth five in the phone book.

Love isn't an emotion or an instinct--it's an art.

When it comes to finances, remember that there are no withholding taxes on the wages of sin.
- All from Mae West, 1892 - 1980

More: http://www.kithrup.com/~ariyana/maewest.html


About:

Mary Jane West was born at Brooklyn, New York on 17 Aug. The date we know, but the year is a mystery since after assuming her stage name, Mae West claimed or was reported to have been born in 1888, 1892, 1893, and 1900. (1892 and 1893 are the most credible.) No matter her real age, she was certainly quotable!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome quotes!

11:46 AM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home